Famous Nightly Entertainment
Every night of the week the hideaway comes alive with an array of nightly entertainment. Guests can sit back and enjoy the shows, relax at the bar or retreat to the privacy of their bure.
The Night entertainment at Fiji Hideaway started more than 30years ago when the resort began and has continued ever since. The shows are run by the staff and local village group to entertain in a light heart manner.
The entertainment tradition starts at 6pm
On sunset Fijian warrior will beat the Lali or wooden drum to announce ‘Happy Hour’ at the bar. Happy Hour is from 6pm till 7pm. While enjoying your drinks, our activities team host a fun daily trivia competition for our guests to participate in, and many guests from teams. Some of the games are;
- Guess the movie soundtrack
- Name that song
- Guess the Artist or group
- Movie Quiz,
- Scattergories- subtitle or question will be given out and with one alphabet to answer all the questions
At 7pm it’s time for dinner where guests can enjoy one of the many dining options available. Our resort band serenades guests with relaxing Fijian music. Around 8pm the show starts on the main stage in Chief’s restaurant. Stage shows on offer –
- Perfect Partners Show(Monday nights) – This guest interaction performances. Where 3 couples or more are invited up on stage to participate in a few games, the winning couple will be awarded as a PERFECT PARTNERS OF FIJI HIDEAWAY.
- Traditional Fijian Dance(Meke) by Tagaqe Entertainment Group (Tuesday and Thursday night) – You’ve never met a more welcoming warmer people than the Fijians, who are happy to entertain you with their traditional meke to enhance your stay.
- Cabaret Show or Pacific Island showby Fiji Hideaway Show Team (Wednesday nights)- Cabaret show is full of fun and excitement where you will see a group of staff perform on stage dances and skits to help you enjoy the night while you enjoying dinner. Pacific Island Show is kind show where the group takes you on a voyage around the pacific island with their different kind of pacific dances.
- Fijian Night (Thursday nights) – On this night you will enjoy Fijian Fire walking ceremony by the Beqa fire walking group at 7pm at fire walking venue. The main Restaurant Lovo buffet will be served for dinner and on stage you will enjoy the Traditional Fijian Dance by the Tagaqe Group.
- Full Polynesian Dance Showby the Lei Dance Group (Saturday nights) – This group is from Sigatoka they also perform island dances and Samoan fire dance by the poolside.
- Choir Singing by Tagaqe Village Choir (Sunday nights) – Young and old come together on stage and sing hymns of praise and kids perform Sunday church skits.
After dinner guests are invited back to the deck of the bar for more fun and games examples of these are;
- Arm wrestling
- Frog Race
- Limbo dancing
- Bonfire on the beach and sing along
- Monte Carlo Dancing competition and many more
From 10pm our DJ playing a variety of music for guests to dance the night away.
Newsletter Signup | Facebook | Instagram | Trip Advisor
Copyright 2017 Fiji Hideaway Resort